cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Chart Expression with Mont Dimension

Dear Community,

I have two data points, Capacity and Demand, which I display monthly on a straight table chart.

Using this data, I have created a simple expression which subtracts Capacity from Demand to calculate under/over utilised in the month. This expression also has 'Full Accumulation' so I can track if there is a building 'Backlog' month on month.

My issue is, I want to calculate and display the rolling the Backlog number but I only want to start displaying the data from a certain month.

To explain further via example, I have Capacity and Demand data from Jan-Dec generating the rolling Backlog through the year but I only want the table to display months from April forward. If I restrict the Month dimension via Calculated Dimension then my expression will not take into account (or see) months Jan-Mar.

The table below illustrates what the full year would look like, but can I display the same numbers but only from Apr onward?

JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
Demand101055810203010000
Capacity888888888888
Backlog241-2-20123436282012

Does anyone know how I can achieve this requirement? Thank you in advance for any support.

Regards,

Keith

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Yes it does seem strange. I have attached screenshots below of what I am seeing and related settings.

Thanks,

Keith

Table.JPG

Expression.JPG

Dimension Settings.JPG

Presentation Settings.JPG

Presentation Settings 2.JPG

sunny_talwar

This seems like a QlikView version issue to me. I don't really know.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I published the application to AccessPoint this morning and thankfully the issue above did not reoccur there.

Thank you for your help with this issue, very much appreciate the support (and patience!).

Regards,

Keith

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do I mark your response as the correct answer Sunny?

sunny_talwar

No problem at all... I am glad it finally got resolved.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny