Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Cumulative Sum in Bar Chart

Hi ,

In one of my chart i need to show cumulative chart.So i have written the below expression and the bar chart is working fine with cumulative sum as attachment.

Exp: rangesum(Above( TOTAL sum(Value_P), 0, rowno(Total)))

So now the problem is ,they want to show the sort order from (Curr Month (5-1-2014) to 12-1-2013) & when i am changing the sort order the cumulative sum is giving problem as show in attachment(Cumm1).It need to sum all the months in May 2014 & second bar should be all months expect May.

Can any one suggest me how to write the expression for it.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

In sort Tab

Select the dimension

Un check all and clik on Load Order as Original..

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

HI

IF YOU are using a simple bar chart

why not use the accumulation feature of qlikview

just select full accumulation in the expression tab

polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We created mock data for that chart. In table it was like Current month at TOP (Descending order), but my problem is with cumulative sum.

polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes previously i am using that option only ,but here they want to show current month as first bar ie.. May -14 ,Apr-14...

So we used that option, QV don't know the sorting order . So QV will do summing like May-14,

Apr-14(Sum of May-14 and Apr-14 value )logically it was wrong. I want May-14(Sum of Apr-14 and May-14).

sarvjeet
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think issue is with sorting of dimention.

you can use DUAL function to provide numeric value to month year or creare static table for create sequence for month year

This will  resolve sorting issue .

-Sarvjeet