cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeyPob1214
Contributor II
Contributor II

Current Quarter vs Previous Quarter

I want to show the previous Quarter values, current Quarter Values  and its difference in my table, but the problem is when the Current Quarter is 20201 (1Q2020) and the previous Quarter is 20194 (4Q2019) it doesn't show any values but when the current Quarter is 20202 (2Q2020) and the previous Quarter is 20201 (1Q2020). The data shows itrs value.

First thing I think of the issue is the calendar.

I hope you can help me guys.

Thanks! 

5 Replies
thi_pham
Creator III
Creator III

Some advises, hope it helps:

- Check format of date field (data load editor or data management)

- Use autocalendar

- Use quartersAgo like:
  +  sum({$<[DateCode.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo]={0}>} fieldname)  -> current Quarter
  +  sum({$<[DateCode.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo]={1}>} fieldname)  -> last Quarter 

JoeyPob1214
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

what do you mean by the date code and QuartersAgo? Are these functions in QlikView?

Already had the autocalendar in code.

thi_pham
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, my bad, I just thought your question is on QLik sense.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Assets/date-time-fields...

QuartersAgo is a field of autocalendar on QLik sense (not sure it's available on Qlikview or not)

DateCode is just the name of Date field.

JoeyPob1214
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I think this is not applicable with Qlikview

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have is the following Design Blog post that may be of some help to you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Year-over-Year-Comparisons/ba-p/1462927

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.