Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customising Qlikview axis

I am trying to create a bar chart with a customised axis.

On the x-axis, I have data ranging from 0 to 100.  However, I want the x-axis labels to be <10, 10-30, 40-50, >50.

How could I do this?

Many thanks.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have a look on the function class() - this comes your question quite near and maybe it's even more suitable for you.

class(sum(value), 10)

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I've tried to use class but I still couldn't figure out how to rename the labels - i would prefer them to be "<10mins, 10-30 mins" and so on

marcus_sommer

Within the third parameter from class() you could customize how the delimiter from the buckets should look like. But they will be identically for each bucket. If you really want a different char(s) for the beginning and ending of the buckets you would need to adjust the buckets with something like this:

if(num(class(sum(value),10)) = 10, replace(class(sum(value),10), ....

and/or some further string-functions. If you only have a few buckets (and which you then needs to adjust) the advantage from the class-function against a normal nested-if-loop approach is quite less. But by many buckets which might be controlled by variables or are you handled with big amounts of the data everything the nested if-loops will be easier and better perform.

If you takes a further look on the default interpretation from class() they might be practically enough for most of your user.

- Marcus

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution could be also:

= If(dim1<10,Dual('<10',1),

If(dim1>=10 and dim1<30,Dual('10-30',10),

If(dim1>=30 and dim1<40,Dual('30-40',30),

If(dim1>=40 and dim1<50,Dual('40-50',40),

If(dim1>=50,Dual('>50',50)

)))))

QlikCommunity_Thread_189709_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_189709_Pic2.JPG