Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cyclic chart has to display text object when make selection from cyclic group

Dear Experties ,

I need your all advises on the following requirements,as per cyclic chart selection the text box has to show company name or hide the text object this has to  happen when i select any of the cyclic chart field from bar chart .Please refer the attached sample application for your testing .

Regards,

Sunny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Is this what you are looking? Check attached.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure if your requirement is clear. Are you saying if you are on CompanyName within your cycle group and then you select a single company, only then the text box object should show up? It won't show up if you are in another field on the cycle group and you select a company name?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny ,

Yes My Compnay name in the cycli group  and have to show only compnay name in the text object or else it has to hide  when we are do clear right ,now what i want i need to select any one of the variable from barcchart so text box need to display company name .  cyclic varaible could be compnayname or name or regoins...etc.

sunny_talwar

Yes My Compnay name in the cycli group  and have to show only compnay name in the text object or else it has to hide  when we are do clear right ,now what i want i need to select any one of the variable from barcchart so text box need to display company name .  cyclic varaible could be compnayname or name or regoins...etc.

Not sure I follow. It show only company name in the text object or else it has to hide... what does the cycle group has to do with any of this? You are selecting in the table and cycle group can be on anything, right?

Not applicable
Author

let me explain you clearly  for example i have bar chart with cyclic group ( name ,compnay name,regions...etc). when i am selecting company name from barchart cyclic text object displaying compnay name if i clear it text object hide. if i want to select anything(name or company name ,sub region---etc) from cyclic group text object need to display compnay name .

i tried like the this  i have taken company name in the text object and layout expression : count (disntict compnayname)=1 ,this is giving for me compnay name when i select company name from cyclic bar chart the same way if i select others variables text object display compnay name .I hope this time you get it what i need .

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Is this what you are looking? Check attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nagaraju,

Thank you for the logic.Your logic should work my requirement but i have a one question here cant we show only one name rather than mutiple names in the text object

Not applicable
Author

are you looking for seperate text object for each company name?

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

it is in single text object to display the company names

Not applicable
Author

hi Sunni,

check the attachment, if you are looking for same. the text object will be visible only if possible count of country name is one.

i have modified Nagaraju file only.