Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Attend QlikWorld 2020 and hear keynote speaker, Malcolm Gladwell. $300 savings extended to February 9th Learn More
Highlighted
Not applicable

Cyclic group selection

We have a cycle group which consists of Day, week, month, quarter, and year called g_DateSelection. This is setup as a dimension in a chart and working fine.  I would like to be able to use the selection of that cyclic group in a variable expression to perform another calculation.  For example, if on the chart, the user has selected the cyclic group and change it to display Week, can I write an expression outside this chart that will tell me that week versus day, month, etc is selected?  I tried GetCurrentFiled(g_DateSelection) but that doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerem1234
Valued Contributor II

Re: Cyclic group selection

GetCurrentField(g_DateSelection) should work. Make sure you do not put single quotes around it. Just g_DateSelection (not 'g_DateSelection'). I think double quotes will work, "g_DateSelection", also. Try testing it out in a textbox and see what returns.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jerem1234
Valued Contributor II

GetCurrentField(g_DateSelection) should work. Make sure you do not put single quotes around it. Just g_DateSelection (not 'g_DateSelection'). I think double quotes will work, "g_DateSelection", also. Try testing it out in a textbox and see what returns.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Not applicable

I was able to use the first suggestion to get the selection of the cyclic group and then I used that to write an expression based on what is currently selected from the cyclic group. Thanks!

Not applicable

How did you get the current selection of the field selected in the cyclic group?