cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Export to Excel from QlikView

Hi All

I have created a dashboard in QlikView and exporting it to Excel Sheet.Later if I try to do Sum in Excel by applying some condition,it is returning 0.But for some other sheets, it is returning values correctly.Can anyone please help?

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have used number format in QlikView expression itself as

if(CurrencyCode = 'USD', Num(sum(aggr(avg(Net),[Account Number],[Service Description])) + sum(aggr(avg(Amount),[Account Number],[Service Description])),'$#,##0.00'),and kept Number format as Expression Default in pivot table.Later I have exported pivot table data to Excel.Here I am facing a problem like when I try to sum values in one column then it is returning 0.I think this is due to data is in the form of text instead of being in numbers.But I am unable to convert it.

Attaching sample app.

annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

Ok so problem is what if the currency is not 'USD'

try

=if(CurrencyCode = 'USD', Num(sum(aggr(avg(Net),[Account Number],[Service Description])) + sum(aggr(avg(Amount),[Account Number],[Service Description])),'$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00')

,Num(sum(aggr(avg(Net),[Account Number],[Service Description])) + sum(aggr(avg(Amount),[Account Number],[Service Description])),'#,##0.00;-#,##0.00'))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am mentioning just one form pf expression,I have many currency codes like that and if there is no currency code I have given condition like you mentioned

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Could you possibly provide us with a set of sample data from a table box? I don't understand why excel is seeing your Euro as a number stored as text, but the dollars as just text.

Actually, it seems to be an excel feature! I've just done the same test, my euros are fine but my dollars are not, bear with me I can come up with a solution

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

OK, I think excel is stuffing you here, its everything except dollars it likes.

Even this which replaces the text $ and forces the currency number type doesn't work:

=pick(match(Currency,'GBP','USD','EUR'),num(sum(amount),'£#,##0.00'),num(sum(replace(amount,'$','')),'$#,##0.00'),num(sum(amount),'€#,##0.00'))

See the attached document if anyone wants to play