Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Data Model

Hi,

I need to replicate excel dashboard into Qlikview. excel dashboard has data model created using power pivot

Tables which are used in excel Datamodel are created using sql scripts in excel dashboard

I need to design Data model in Qlikview by directly connecting with sql server database

I want to know what questions I need to ask from business for designing Data Model

Labels (1)
4 Replies
saminea_ANZ
Creator
Creator

There is no limit to ask questions to business. But, to work as developer you can ask

- Which DB, we need to connect and who is POC

- Who is the admin of that, Can i know the DBA person name

- Which Database we need to pull

- Which Tables in it etc.

vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i know all this information already

vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i know  this information already

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Below is a link to the Education site, there are some free courses, I would recommend having a look through those to see if any of them will help you learn how to do things in QlikView, but you may need to consider signing up for one of the other training classes depending upon how complex you are looking to make things.

https://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-training

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.