Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Reduction

Hi Everyonne,

Is Data Reduction only performed when a document is opened?

Furthermore, is the docucument is already opened and I hit reload all the data will be display disregarding the Section Access?

Thanks!

8 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Is Data Reduction only performed when a document is opened? Yes

Furthermore, is the docucument is already opened and I hit reload all the data will be display disregarding the Section Access? No. When reload completes its essentially loading the data into memory again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilip,

I have a Section Access for row security which works fine when I open the document, but if I reload it, It just loose the security showing all the data.

Thanks!

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

interesting. And if you close and reopen?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Works as long as I open the file. The issue is when I try to rolad the fil even though I use the Replace command before the LOAD statement.

Thanks!

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Weird. Learned something new

Thank You

Dilip Ranjith

Sent via mobile

tharanikannan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

As a Admin, when you reload , you will tend to see full data only. This all happens only when you do in desktop not in Access point.

Thanks,

Tharani.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

yes, this is the function as describes

- on open reduce data based on section access -

when you reload data you load them from sources (qvd or ODBC) there you will get all datas.

BUT:

Users on accesspoint can't reload datas, so it's ok.

If you don't want users with QlikView client to reload, give them USER role and prohibit reload on document properties / security

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

All right!

Thanks!