cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Data Reduction

Hi, i want to use data reduction in a document, and i would like to know if it posible to exclude some information

i want to that some people dont see information about LINE=70, this line is the employee line, and in my document i do not want to see information of employees

what could i do, what do you suggest people?

thank you a lot as always!

Fernando

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you just remove this in the LOAD? Or does it need to be there for some users but not others?

-Rob

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Rob, Yes it need to be there for some users but not for others

that is why i have to ask for some idea to achieve this

thank you a lot rob

its_anandrjs

You can hide that particular row in the charts means which is in the your data model but you just hiding that row by putting the calculated dimension or from the Sum / Count expressions. Or you can use the fields level section access for this and hide for particular users.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use Section Access to remove that row for unauthorized users. See the Ref Manual and this site for more information about Section Access. You may want to start with this recent blog:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/05/26/section-access

-Rob

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Rob, thank you for your answer..

I have alredy read all the material and i think i cant do what i want using data reduction

For example:

I have a field, segment, if the value of this field is =70, is that you are an employee, the thing is that i do not want to people see information of employees.

if i have 1 user:

USER        NTNAME   SEGMENT

Fernando   Fernando   10

Fernando   Fernando   20

Fernando   Fernando   30

Fernando   Fernando   40

Fernando   Fernando   50

Fernando   Fernando   60

this is the only way  i have that the user FERNANDO, do not see information about employees? supose i have 7 different segment(10,20,30,40,50,60,70) i have to do it like this?

if i have another user, i have to do the same for each user?

thank you a lot of Rob

Fernando

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Data Reduction is inclusive.  So yes, you must list each segment that the user has access to. And you must repeat that for every user. Although you can simplify that but using groups.

-Rob