Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roshni_reddy
Contributor
Contributor

Data is getting filtered/reduced due to Section Access

Hi All,

I have a dashboard that has 5 tabs, each tab pulling data from different tables. The display of these 5 tabs to the users are based on section access. Due to this the data is getting reduced/filtered.

Ex : User1 will be able to see TabA, TabB and TABC

User2 will be able to see TabD and TabE

Admin will be able to see all 5 tabs

On reloading the dashboard the exact count of data is getting loaded (150555 records). But once I close and open the application the data is getting reduced/filtered (480 records).

Can you please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Roshni

Labels (1)
7 Replies
PrashantSangle

this is normal working of section access.
What was your issue?? did you apply any restriction to yourself?
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Albert_Candelario

Hi Roshini,

Could you elaborate the phrase: " But once I close and open the application the data is getting reduced/filtered (480 records)."
What steps do you do?
What user do you use to open the document?
Isn't the information reduce by section access? So, what do you expect to see?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Albert
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
roshni_reddy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Albert,
What I meant was when I close the QVW file and open it again then there is a reduction in the record counts.
I have given ADMIN access to myself which means I will be having access to all the tabs.
Yes, It is information reduce by section access. But I want to see all the records from the source without any reduction in the record count as I am the ADMIN.

Thanks,
Roshni
roshni_reddy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Prashant,
The issue is though I have given ADMIN access to myself which means I will be having access to all the tabs, there is data reduction of records in a straight table in one of the tabs.
But I want to see all the records from the source without any reduction in the record count as I am the ADMIN.
Thanks,
Roshni
Albert_Candelario

Hi Roshni,
Could you kindly share the section access (maybe scrambled) if possible, so we can also have a look into it.
Thanks in advance.
Qlik Support
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
roshni_reddy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Albert, below is the code I am using in my script:

SECTION Access;
User_Roles:
LOAD
NTNAME,
ACCESS,
Upper(SYSNAME) as SYSNAME
FROM
$(dpath)SAccess.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

STAR is *;

SECTION Application;

User_Access:
LOAD
NTNAME,
Upper(SYSNAME) as SYSNAME,
TABACCESS.TAB1,
TABACCESS.TAB2,
TABACCESS.TAB3
FROM
$(dpath)SAccess.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Thanks,
Roshni

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Roshni, the issue is going to be in the Section Access table record for the account you are using, in the SYSNAME reduction field, that account should have a 'blank'/no value in it, this ensures it always has access to all values.  The catch here is if you have Strict Exclusion set in the Document Properties\Opening tab settings, that is going to prevent the user from being able to open the app via the QVServer.

The only way to get both is to create a reduction field value in SYSNAME that links to all the other values...  As far as I know, this is the only means to do this.  Check out Henric Cronstroms Section Access posts in the Design Blog area, this is the main one, there are sublinks at the end of this post that may prove helpful, but I hope what I have said make some sense and may help you get it sorted out if you have not already.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.