Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data matrix

Hi, I want to show field data in matrix layout, that is, if i have this values in a filed: A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6,A7,A8,A9, I want to see:

A1A4A7
A2A5A8
A3A6A9

I get this associating fields row and column to each data, but if I apply a filter I get this result, for example:

A1A4
A5A8
A3 A9

when I want:

A1A5
A3A8
A4A9

Any idea?

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not sure if understood you right. May be just changing the listbox presentation line :

Untitled.png

Uncheck the 'single column', and re-size the listbox by pulling the border up.

Not applicable
Author

I thought about using a list box, but the field has repeated values and I want see all of them. I think I can't do this with a list box.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess if you could explain your real scenario requirement a bit more with a sample would help.

Not applicable
Author

The real scenario is that I want to load weight data about items, and I want to show only this weights in a table, but 2 dimension table, not a column. I associated a row and column number to each weight and I with a pivot table, using this row and column as dimensions I get this, but if I filter, weights disappear on the table but it remains a gap: Captura.JPG

The weight in row 1 and column 1 disappear when I select a filter, but I need to reorder weights in only one column, so my approach doesn't work.

I need another approach to getting show all weights, if possible in tabular form, and responsive to the filters.

I appreciate any advice

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Tab:

May be like:

Load

Column1 as Weight,

Row

From <>;

Concatenate   // this might not be required if you have all fields common in both table like here

Load

Column2 as Weight,

Row

From <>;