Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

ganderson100
Contributor

Data missing from charts

My bar charts are not showing data for all possible dimension values (see examples below).Missing data 2.jpg

Missing data.jpg

In the chart above the data that is missing is an expression that shows the total number of enrolments displayed as 'text on axis'.  It shows the data for all years except the first year (2009-10).  I have a similar problem in other similar charts.  It looks like it is always the first possible value in the dimension that is missing.

6 Replies
albi_prakash
Contributor II

Re: Data missing from charts

Hi Greg,

  Kindly check if you made any selections on Year field or any restrictions in presentation tab

-Jay

ganderson100
Contributor

Re: Data missing from charts

Thanks Jay.  I don't think I have made any conditions on the Year field or any restrictions in the presentation tab. See images below.

Dimensions.JPG.jpgPresentation.JPG.jpg

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Data missing from charts

Hi Greg,

I've just tested this on my own app and I can see the same behaviour (though my missing number is actually just misplaced on top of another element). I suspect this is a bug related to the use of two dimensions and placing text on the axis so it probably needs raising with the Qlik Support team (support@qlik.com). Do you have a support contract or would you like me to raise this for you (probably best if you can own it to keep visibility).

Not applicable

Re: Data missing from charts

Hi,

Plz check the limitations if u made in presentation tab like static min and static max

ganderson100
Contributor

Re: Data missing from charts

Thanks Adam.  Good to know its not just me.  I'll log this with my IT partner who will take this up with Qlikview Support.  Might be helpful if you logged it too, so they can see its not just me.

Cheers

Greg

ganderson100
Contributor

Re: Data missing from charts

Thanks Rakesh.  I haven't set any static min or static max values.

We think this may be a Qlikview bug related to the use of two dimensions and the placing of text on the axis.