Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Data missing on filter

Sorry for the newbie question but I'm playing around with this.

See attached. 

What I have is 4 tables (Reseller, Orders, Forecast and Products)

As you'd imagine, the resellers will have orders (of products) and a forecast (of products).

If you open my test file, you'll see the forecast along side the number of orders submitted so far and a percentage of the forecast they've hit.

Looks great and is correct.

However, click on Canada to filter to only Canadians.  You'll see reseller #10 disappears.  My guess is because the forecast that reseller 10 is unique compared to the other Canadian.  It shows up when US and Canada are shown because another reseller has a forecast/order for the same product.

HELP!  I know I'm supposed to do some joining/concantenating here but I'm lost.  I've tried for many hours now but it never results in what I'm looking for.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Data missing on filter

Hi,

I think there are two problems:

a) a circular reference (please have a look at the table viewer CTRL-T) - I solved this by concatenating the order and forecast table

b) for orders, only product# are given, after concatenating, the link to product family is missing - I solved this by applying a mapping from product# to product family in product table also.

Please have a look at the attached.

Regards,

Stefan

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I think there are two problems:

a) a circular reference (please have a look at the table viewer CTRL-T) - I solved this by concatenating the order and forecast table

b) for orders, only product# are given, after concatenating, the link to product family is missing - I solved this by applying a mapping from product# to product family in product table also.

Please have a look at the attached.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Thank you.  It makes a lot more sense now. 

Community Browser