Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data not appearing in my Chart/Table object

Hi everyone

I am very new to Qlikviwe, but have created an extract, which loads data into a table (see schema image attached). I can browse the data via the schema view, but when I create a Table Chart object, nothing appears, even when I have sothing selected in my filters.

The Master Calendar object is a ring-in from another project (that someone else wrote), and something I will need eventually, I presume.

Would the lack of a link between the schema objects stop data appearing in my chart/table object? I have eliminates nulls from the data, and can't wrk out why nothing will display.

Thanks, ope someone can give a newbie some pointers.

Don

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Check the dimension limits from property, if everything is fine, then check other property settings,plus, dont forget to SELECT something

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry about the spelling in the above post.

I have removed the Master Calendar table in the scema (first attached image) in case the lack of a link was an issue. There is only one table now in my schema, which I can Preview in the schema view, and confirm that it contains data.

Still nothing appears in my Chart/Table object, either when filters are selected, or no filters selected.

Any ideas of where to start looking would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want to pull my SQL extract back to 1 or 2 coulmns, but if this is the only way I can get data to view, and slowly add columns to the extract, then I guess that's what I'll have to do. Anywhere else obvious to look first?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

can u post ur script ?

Not applicable
Author

Check the dimension limits from property, if everything is fine, then check other property settings,plus, dont forget to SELECT something

Not applicable
Author

there is something wrong with my internet just now, sorry about the repeat post

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm guessing you've created a chart (pivot or straight table) and haven't added an expression, but only dimensions. If that's so then there won't be anything to display. You'll need to add an expression too.

In a table box you can only add fields and no expressions. Table boxes are nice for simply displaying a table of some fields. So if you only want a table showing a couple of fields you can use a table box.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand