Did you mean: 
vittorianad
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data not found

hi,

i'm a new QlickView user and I've got a problem in one expression:

the expression before was:

=sum({<[Codice Commessa]={'C16.*'}>}[# Costo Materia Prima Totale Cliente])

now I want  something like this:

=sum({<[Codice Commessa]={ 'C'&mid([Anno],3,2)&'.*'}>}[# Costo Materia Prima Totale Cliente])

I also created a variable with the value of 'C'&mid([Anno],3,2)&'.*' ...

=sum({<[Codice Commessa]={ "$(=vIniComm)"'}>}[# Costo Materia Prima Totale Cliente])

it still doesn't work

What it's wrong?

Thank

Vittoriana

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about you try this:

=Sum({<[Codice Commessa]={"$(='C'&Mid([Anno],3,2)&'.*')"}>}[# Costo Materia Prima Totale Cliente])

But I hope you are not expecting a different value of Mid(Anno) for different dimensions on your chart because set analysis is only evaluated once per chart.

vittorianad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Sunny T,

thanks a lot, I've tried with your suggestion, and it works, at least it gives me some results!!

I also used a text object to show the Anno,Mid([Anno]) and they change any time I choose a different Year... so Mid([Anno]) returns a different dimension

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi

Define your variable like

Let vIniComm='chr(67)&mid([Anno],3,2)&chr(42)';

and the expression

=sum({<[Codice Commessa]={$(=chr(39)&$(vIniComm)&chr(39))}>} [# Costo Materia Prima Totale Cliente])

hope this helps

sunny_talwar

So are you happy with the output or are you still looking for more help? If you need more help, then it would be best if you can provide a sample with the expected output so that we can work on getting you your desired output

vittorianad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm happy at the moment, I'm still doing training on Qlikview, working on some dashboards.

vittorianad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi,

I created a variable, as you suggested, but this does'n t work. I think that [Anno] is not instantiated at the time and any time I change the year in the dashboard...

The best solution it's been the first one...

bye