Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prachisangewar
Creator
Creator

Data points getting overlapped by Line chart in Qlikview

Hi All,

I have a Line graph with two Expressions.It a 1 year trend graph showing daily data,so for the data points I have used condtion to show only on particular days and used 'Show Value' functionality.

But some the values are either getting overlapped by the Line itself or by the data value of another expression.

Please suggest if any work around to solve this.

Sample screen shot of actual and expected graph as attached

Thanks!

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try a combi chart and use extra expressions for displaying the values using the Bar representation type. Click on the + in front of the expression. Use argb(0,0,0,0) for the Background color to make the bar itself transparent. Use some sensible numeric value for the Bar Offset value. And enable the Values On Data Points option for that expression and disable the Expressions as Legend option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Add another Expression as    0   (zero)

prachisangewar
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Than you for the reply.The suggested solution works for Bar chart only.But for my report,one expression is complicated so I have to keep the extra expression as line chart as well ,if I change the extra expression to bar chart all the data values of the other expression which works well with Bar.

Please suggest If any workaround.

Thanks !!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Works fine for me with lines too. Are you sure you're using a combi chart like I said?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
prachisangewar
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I am using combi chart but my expression it complicated and has average calculation by buckets

across the trend line.

Thanks!