Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

Data reload

Dear All,

I uploaded my QVD, ED Modele and my Executive dashbord on a Qlikview server. The problem I am facing is that the data is not reloaded (updated each day) from the oracle database.

My question is where to find the log file on the server in order to analyse it and what is the procedure to upload a Qlikview project on a Qlikview server.

Kind regards,

Abdallah

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

QlikView models are not reloaded automagically - you have to set up a reload on your own. This can be done from QMC, assuming you have access to it, or using Windows Scheduler or another scheduler.

If you've set up a reload from QMC, you should be able to see the latest log for that file by clicking it and selecting "Show task details" under Status/Tasks (the first screen). If you want to see the actual file's reload log, it's typically in the same folder as the file itself, assuming you've turned on logging (not turned on by default, iirc).

ksomosera10
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Abdallah,

Good day!

Directory service logs are located in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Log folder

While on Web server log files are in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\Log folder

On the other hand, the proper way to publish Qlik Application is:

First, know if you have Qlikserver on your PC.

Just go to QMC so that the browser will be opened.

Go to System Tab

Select Setup and then QlikView Server.

Click the "+" button and "QVS + PC Name"

Open the Folder.

After that, specify the location of your QlikView Application

Click on Apply.

Then, it should be ready!

Thanks!

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shoham, Hi Kevin,

I am reloading from QMC.

I have an error and an information as follow:

1- Error

(2018-09-04 11:15:16) Error: The task "AA_DASHBOARD/QVW/QVD Production.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\GCT_DASHBOARD\QVW\QVD Production.qvw. || à QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult) || à QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- || à QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || à QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- || à QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || à QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

2- Information

(2018-09-04 11:14:56) Information: QlikView->Settings->Document Peferences->Generate Logfile in document is not set.

I checked in the folder specified by Kevin and I found files with numbers as names and it's difficult to tell witch file to read.

Thank you in advance,

Abdallah

Or
MVP
MVP

Open the file, check the "Generate logfile" box, and run it again. That should give you a detailed log with the specific error, in an easy-to-find location. Reading the server's error messages tends to be difficult.