Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Talk to Experts Tuesday, Live Q&A, September 22: Moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data went missing after re-open Qlikview

Hello experts,

I am having problem by not showing latest information in Qlikview everytime i re-open the QVW. I tried to reload a few times and save+close and open a few times, but the data always reverted back to old info.

I am able to solve this problem by unchecked 'Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access', but my data is quite sensitive for some user. I have also tried to clone the QVW to a new QVW. But the result is still the same. Unable to show latest information.

Do you have any idea about this issue? Looking forward to your reply. Big THANKS in advance for the help.

Best regards,

Jeff

Labels (7)
3 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

It sounds that your section access tables isn't updated in regard to the data-update from your last reload - and then those data haven't a valid authorization and are then removed by opening the application.

- Marcus

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Marcus,

Can i assume you are saying the userID in my SECTION ACCESS exist but my reporting data is not exist?

Example,

1. In my sales data, I have UserA, UserB, UserC.

2. In my SECTION ACCESS, I have only UserA and UserB.

3. So everytime i reloaded the QVW, close and re-open again, UserC's info will gone missing.

Am i correct?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Digital Support
Digital Support

Jeff, best I can do for you on this one is point you to a couple of Design Blog post that will hopefully allow you to check your work here, as Marcus is on the right track, there has to be an issue with your Section Application link via your dynamic reduction field(s) in the Section Access load that is restricting things...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

There are some additional links at the bottom of the above post specifically related to dynamic data reduction, so be sure to visit those too, but hopefully reviewing these will help you figure out what you have done incorrectly and get it fixed.  The fact things work when you uncheck reduction signals the issue is in the data model and dynamic reduction...  One other trick you can use here to better see things is comment just the Section Access line of the script, that lets the Section Access table be visible in the data model at that point, which can make troubleshooting things a lot easier in these situations.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.