Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soniasweety
Master
Master

DataModel

Hi All,

i have 3 tables with same columns    so i want to create a data model  as star schema     how can i do this?     i dont want single table data model .....  i want star schema model.

TableA

A

B

C

D

E

TableB

A

B

C

D

E

TableC

A

B

C

D

E

Thanks

Sony

17 Replies
soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

so it will be creating the three different tables with single key column am i right?

from there i want to segregate the  separate dimension tables how can i do that?

dx_anupam
Creator
Creator

Hi Sony,

As currently all tables have same column name its concatenating all the table to create a single table. This is default behavior of Qlikview.    

To overcome this you can use qualify function. It will replace all column name of table adding suffix to it as "Tablename.columnname" . Just Un-qualify primary key column. It will create association between the table and form a star schema.

Regards,

Anupam

balabhaskarqlik

From the Above, Separate dimension tables created like below:

TableA, TableB, TableC are the separate Dimension tables, connected by Key(A).

Like in the below image, Sales, Docs, VisitActivity are three Dim tables connected by DocID dimension.

balabhaskarqlik

Hence you're having less no.of tables, Data model won't be more bigger than above mentioned.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

thanks all for your great responses let me try and update you

MarcoWedel

Seems an odd requirement.

Maybe you can distinguish the source tables by adding an additional SourceTable field that specifies the data source and (auto-)concatenate the tables nevertheless.

hopt this helps

regards

Marco

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try like this.

TableA

A

B as B1

C AS C1

D AS D1

E AS E1

TableB

A

A AS AA

B as B2

C AS C2

D AS D2

E AS E2

TableC

A AS AA

B as B3

C AS C3

D AS D3

E AS E3

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

Hi marcowedel

balabhaskarqlik

1.what i have done is    i have loaded 3 tables and  bydefault auto concatenation happened and treated as single table 

then after i stored in  one QVD.

2. I have loaded that qvd again with dimension and fact columns and stored as seperate qvd's    in QVd generator

in main app i have loaded  all these qvd's.