Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Filter

hi

I am providing date range filters in the front end so that the data in the reports i.e straight table or pivot table filters out & only show the data which is in between the date range. but the data is not getting filtered rather it is showing it as full. please help how to filter out the data.

here is the attachement of the file as per this when we select any date range data should be only for that specific range for booking date & travel date. but when we select any date range data didn't filters out rather it shows full data .  Please help.............

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

I can't find any link between your Variables (vBookingFromDate, ...) and the according date fields you used as dimensions in your chart. So nothing will happen (this is correct) when selecting another value for your variable(s).

May be a calculated dimension will help you, similar to:

=if(date($(vBookingFromDate)) >= [Booking Start Date], [Booking Start Date])

instead of the simple dimension  "[Booking Start Date]"

Same for "[Booking End Date]"

Don't forget to check "Supress When Null" for these dims.

HtH

Roland

Not applicable
Author

hey,

this expression is not working. when i apply this expression the values comes out to be null

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

the expression worked fine when I tested it in your app. If you get only null-values, pls check syntax.

RR

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw. You were missing actions on the variable triggers.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

hey

when i copied this report in my application it's not working. I discovered that you had only added "{1}" in all the fields.

Can u guide what might be the reason for not working. or what else change you have done.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Gysbert

Thanks for the help.