Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Date (Square) Problem

Hello,

Here, if i want to show date like a square b square like that, How to show that?

Capture.PNG

Like this,,

Let's Assume if date is 1-Aug-2016 Then i want to show like -- for that image,  1 is instead of a and st is instead of 2 -- 1st-Aug-2016("st" should be acting as square like image)

If 2nd Day -- nd

If 3rd Day -- rd

If 4th --- 30th Day -- th

If 31st Day -- st

Can i know how to achieve that? -- =Date(Now(),'DD' & '^rd' & ' ' & '-' & 'MMM-YYYY')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hey Anil,

Sorry for my late reply. You can use below one.

Pick((Match(Right(Day(DateField),1),1,2,3) + Pick(Match(Day(DateField),11,12,13)+1,0,-1,-2,-3))+1,

Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(7511)&Chr(688) & ', MMM YYYY'),

Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(738)&Chr(7511) & ', MMM YYYY'),

Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(8319)&Chr(7496) & ', MMM YYYY'),

Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(691)&Chr(7496) & ', MMM YYYY'),

) as FormattedDate

I have attached a sample file for your better understanding. If you still have performance issue, then try replacing day function (I am not sure about it but give a try) with SubField function in the above expression.

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

18 Replies
pogrebnoymike
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Anil,

I believe you would have to write an if statement identifying which ending to use and then use Chr() function with superscript characters. There is a listing of superscript characters here.

Using the Ord() function, you can find the corresponding character number and then use the following:

4ᵗʰ would then be =4&Chr(7511)&Chr(688)

Hope this helps.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Kind of helpful this, Would you share the characters list for superscript like

A- Z & a-z like  Chr(7511)&Chr(688)

So, May i can look those aSAP

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Tamil, These are sufficient for me, But this gives only Characters. But i need to get Super characters like above mentioned

Chr(7511) -- "t"

Chr(688) -- "h"

These above are gives upper characters. I am expecting this

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Bit difficult to me, As of now can you help me on this with character numbers

Lower Letters for of these, Can you send Chr values for these. So that, we can discuss another part.

d    -

n    -

r     - 

s    -

t     -

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

It's quite easy Anil. Just use search option (Ctrl + F) and paste the character. You will see the matching letters get highlighted in yellow color. Pick the required one.

I am helping you out with this part.

d    - Chr(7496)

n    - Chr(8319)

r     - Chr(7523)

s    - Chr(738)

t     - Chr(7511)

Note: I have updated the link.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Haha, Yes. But i am using Mobile as of now. Anyhow, I got finally like below

Capture.PNG

Thanks pogrebnoymike & tamilarasu

Now, Coming to my Rek - I've used below to get some kind of idea. Now, i want to know is there any way to do similar

My Date Format is -- DD-MM-YYYY

If(Left(DateField,2) = '01', Date(DateField,'DD') & Chr(738)&Chr(7511) & ', ' & Date(DateField,'MMM YYYY'),

If(Left(DateField,2) = '02', Date(DateField,'DD') & Chr(8319)&Chr(7496) & ', '  & Date(DateField,'MMM YYYY'),

If(Left(DateField,2) = '03', Date(DateField,'DD') & Chr(691)&Chr(7496) & ', '  & Date(DateField,'MMM YYYY'),

Date(DateField,'DD') & Chr(7511)&Chr(688) & ', '  & Date(DateField,'MMM YYYY'))))

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Anil,

May be this?

If(Match(Day(DateField),11,12,13) Or (Not Match(Right(Day(DateField),1),1,2,3)), Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(7511)&Chr(688) & ', MMM YYYY'),

If(Right(Day(DateField),1)=1, Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(738)&Chr(7511) & ', MMM YYYY'),

If(Right(Day(DateField),1)=2, Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(8319)&Chr(7496) & ', MMM YYYY'),

If(Right(Day(DateField),1)=3, Date(DateField,'DD' & Chr(691)&Chr(7496) & ', MMM YYYY'),

)))) as FormattedDate

Capture.PNG