Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III

Date & Synthetics Key

Hi all

Can someone help to solve my problem on date (Jan-13) and synthetics keys (Outlet, SKU, Date ...), please refer to attached file for details  ?

Thanks Tracy

16 Replies
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Phaneendra and Brindlogcool

I really appreciate your kind effort in resolving my problem, you are all very helpful and knowledgeable.

Other:

Please enlighten me on the purpose/function of NoCancatenate ?.

Thank you so much, Tracy

Anonymous
Not applicable

When QlikView sees two tables with the exact same field names it will Automatically concatenate the tables for you.  This is to avoid synthetic keys.  You can tell QlikView to stop this behavior by putting the NoConcatenate function before the second table to keep it from happening. So that, in your case, you may drop the second table in a later part of the script and not drop your entire fact table.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

In QlikView, If all the columns are identical in one or more tables then it will get appended and become one single table. To avoid it we use the NoConcatenate.

The NoConcatenate prefix forces two loaded tables with identical field sets to be treated as two separate internal tables, when they otherwise would be automatically be concatenated and become one table.

It was happened the Temp_Fact and Fact become one table without the NoConcatenate.

tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Phaneendra and Brindlogcool

I just found out that the data in all months are incorrect (ie. different from Test.xls), please advise.

Thank you, Tracy

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Tracy,

Check this file... Can you please provide more details on the issue?

tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Brindlogcool

Please just look at first record of Customer file :

Excel :

CKPI, Customer, Outlet, SKU, Amount

No. of Customer, 1901, OU1, SKU1, 300.00

Qlikview :

CKPI, Customer, Outlet, SKU, Amount

No. of Customer, 1901, OU1, SKU1, 600.00

Hope you can see the difference and similar problem in Vendor file.

Thank you for your kind attention, Tracy

tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear all

Can someone advise why the data are duplicated (eg 300 x 2) for all records after Concatenate and NoConcatenate ?

Thank you, Tracy