cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date format are different

Hi, im new in QlikView and in make a board to integrate data from different databases and all well fine, but when i try to  see this values in a chart some data is not there and found a strange problem with dates and i don't know how to fix it, i attached a image

errordefecha.png

Regards

Isaias

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to all, i resolve this with the function MakeDate

View solution in original post

13 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

In you script where you are loading Fetcha. change it to something like below
Date(Fetcha, 'YYYY-MM-DD') as Fetcha,
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dilipranjith,

I have dealt with that but it does the same

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Whats the data type for the field in the data model?
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think it's a subject of the databases, in both the data type is date but the collage are different in one is Modern_Spanish_CI_AS and the other isLatin1_General_CI_AS, could it be that? and if so, how do I fix it?
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You have to fix it when you load it.
Maybe try combination of date(date#(field, 'DBDATEFormat'),'YouDesiredDATEFORMAT')
marcus_sommer

Without any measures on the fields by loading the data will be a date only interpreted as date if it has the format as in the default-variables (at the beginning of the script). This means you need to convert and format all date-fields which are different to it. This could be done with: date(date#(DATE, 'FormatString')) and if there are multiple different formattings within a single field maybe with: alt(date(date#(DATE, 'FormatString1')), date(date#(DATE, 'FormatString2'))).

- Marcus

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

the upper dates are in string so use date(date#(Fecha,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

If you  have diffrent formats try 

alt(your expression,date(date#(Fecha,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')) and it shall fetch all the dates properly

Learning never stops.
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi to all,

I will try your solutions but the result are the same, check the picture

errordefecha02.png

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

alt(date(date#(Fecha,'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY'),date(date#(Fecha,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY'))
Learning never stops.