Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date issue

I am using the Master Calendar which works awesome, however when I have a date field that is null I can't get that to showup in the qlikview.  How can I get a null value to show up.  For example, the date field will contain many dates, but some rows have a null in the date field and I still want to see those rows.

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Nulls cannot be shown in a list box - in the QV world they are "nothing" and cannot be selected. If you need to override this behaviour, use NULLASVALUE in your load script. Assuming your date field is called [Date], add the following line (I think before the load statement?):

NULLASVALUE [Date];

This will convert nulls to something like an empty string, which is selectable and will show up in a list box

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Check the uncheck suppress null value in dimension tab and suppress missing in presentation tab , and check show all values in dimension tab.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

I see how that works with the dimensions, however How do I get it to show up in a list box?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Nulls cannot be shown in a list box - in the QV world they are "nothing" and cannot be selected. If you need to override this behaviour, use NULLASVALUE in your load script. Assuming your date field is called [Date], add the following line (I think before the load statement?):

NULLASVALUE [Date];

This will convert nulls to something like an empty string, which is selectable and will show up in a list box

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein