Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Date issue

I am using the Master Calendar which works awesome, however when I have a date field that is null I can't get that to showup in the qlikview.  How can I get a null value to show up.  For example, the date field will contain many dates, but some rows have a null in the date field and I still want to see those rows.

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Date issue

Hi

Nulls cannot be shown in a list box - in the QV world they are "nothing" and cannot be selected. If you need to override this behaviour, use NULLASVALUE in your load script. Assuming your date field is called [Date], add the following line (I think before the load statement?):

NULLASVALUE [Date];

This will convert nulls to something like an empty string, which is selectable and will show up in a list box

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
3 Replies

HI

Check the uncheck suppress null value in dimension tab and suppress missing in presentation tab , and check show all values in dimension tab.

Hope it helps

Not applicable

I see how that works with the dimensions, however How do I get it to show up in a list box?

MVP
MVP

Hi

Nulls cannot be shown in a list box - in the QV world they are "nothing" and cannot be selected. If you need to override this behaviour, use NULLASVALUE in your load script. Assuming your date field is called [Date], add the following line (I think before the load statement?):

NULLASVALUE [Date];

This will convert nulls to something like an empty string, which is selectable and will show up in a list box

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Community Browser