Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Date issues

Hi,

So I have this excel with dates. Half of the dates are in MM-DD-YYYY format and the other half in MM/DD/YYYY.

Now here is the thing. I load this thing into QlikView and I get this:

Note that the second half of the data is now suddenly in DD-MM-YYYY instead of the original format MM/DD/YYYY.

Been playing around with date functions for sometime now and nothing seems to work.

How do I fix this and bring all the dates into a single format? I don't mind if its in DD-MM-YYYY or MM-DD-YYYY or anything, but I just need it in the same format.

Attaching the file.

Thanks,

Arjun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your source data is not so. If you load the as text you would see those dates have numbers which are actually not of Dec months. Hence the correction would be required at the source. Because, if you have the date value (the number) wrong itself at the backend, no formatting, nor parsing can change the date.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try like this format in your script

Date(Floor(Date),'D/M/YYYY') as DateNew;

Capture.JPG

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Devarasu,

Thank you for your reply. Tried it out:

Dates upto 12th are missing now

Thanks,

Arjun

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you sure the dates in red highlighted are in MM-DD-YYYY format? The DD-MM part in screen shows no value bigger than 12, so it could be DD-MM-YYYY also.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be play around using alt - script and chart function ‒ QlikView

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Tresesco,

I'm sure its MM-DD-YYYY. Its my clients data from 1st to 21st December

Thanks,
Arjun

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

Tried Date(Floor(Date),'D/M/YYYY') as DateNew;

Dates are still messed up

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have two date formats in your input. This will get all the dates:

Date(Alt(Date#(Date, 'yyyyMMdd'), Date#(Date, 'MMddyyyy'), 'ddMMyyyy') as Date,

Adjust the last format string to the format you require if you don't want DMY.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your source data is not so. If you load the as text you would see those dates have numbers which are actually not of Dec months. Hence the correction would be required at the source. Because, if you have the date value (the number) wrong itself at the backend, no formatting, nor parsing can change the date.

Capture.JPG

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you! I guess that will solve it.