Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Date label problem within a drill-down group

I created a drill-down group, using dimension Year, Month and Date. The drill-down works as excepted but for one item: the label which is shown when date is selected. Year and Moneth are numbers, date is not and I would like it to be shown as dd/mm/yyyy (at the moment the number value is shown in the chart (for example 41213 = 31-10-2012). Is there a way to display the label in the format I like?

Used fields: Jaar (labeled Year), Maand (labeled Month) and an expression =Date#(Datum, 'DD/MM/YYYY') labeled Date.

Printscreen drill-down group.JPG

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

Re: Date label problem within a drill-down group

The date# function makes a date from a string. It will return a number, which is what you're seeing. If you want to specify a display format you also need to use the date function: date(date#(Datum),'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

But I think you should try to fix this in the load script instead so your Datum field is already a date field with the format you want by the time you're using it in charts.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Re: Date label problem within a drill-down group

Many thanks for your answer. I tried the function, but this resulted in a display of one bar for all the dates in the selection and no label. I changed it back, which resulted in date label?, but with timestamp, way this changed I can't explain. No other settings where adjusted. I'll try your suggestion regarding the load script.