Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brf10043
Creator
Creator

Dates and Stacked Bar Chart

Team,

I have a time stamp that I am pulling for a Remedy system.  I'm adjusting it because the date is stored as seconds since 1970 (I think)

Date((ARRIVAL_TIME/ 86400 + 25569),'DD-MM-YYYY hh') as [IM Arrival Date Hour],

I end up with a value that looks like the list box below which looks like what I'm after.

Now, I'm trying to chart this data along with "Category" data in a stacked bar chart.  The problem that I am having is that even though I'm selecting a stacked in the style tab, they are not being stacked.  I am trying to get the different categories stack by date hour into a single bar. but I get individual bars..  See below.

Here is my demission.  The cyclic toggles between the date and the date hour timestamp

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Date(Floor((ARRIVAL_TIME/ 86400 + 25569), 1/24),'DD-MM-YYYY hh') as [IM Arrival Date Hour],

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Date(Floor((ARRIVAL_TIME/ 86400 + 25569), 1/24),'DD-MM-YYYY hh') as [IM Arrival Date Hour],

brf10043
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny!  I don't understand why, but works perfectly!

sunny_talwar

Although, you were seeing only up until hours because of your formatting, the underlying value still included minutes and seconds information. By using Floor, we removed the minutes and seconds which made stacking possible.

brf10043
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny.  That makes sense now that you have explained it.

Thanks again!