Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II

De Selection is not working properly throgh Trigger

Hi All,

I have a document with  2 tab, Chart and Detail. 2 tabs are build on 2 different data model. Selection and De selection has been handled through Field Event Trigger.

Selection is working perfectly. However De selection is not working properly.

If I deselect Week from Chart tab, then Group Major Item is getting selected.

I am attaching a word doc with screen and explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sarif

Labels (1)
2 Replies
mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Attaching test qvw file here.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would have to venture this is an issue with your data model in that you have two different data structures here instead of a single integrated module but you are trying to run calcs on the opposite data model of the field in which selections are being made as well.  Unfortunately I am no development guru, so this is way outside my area of expertise, but I think others are going to likely comment along the same lines, why are there two separate data models in the app and things not connected, as I suspect that is where the issue lies here.  By making further selections I was actually able to clear the Group Major on both objects as well, just FYI and nothing ever reselected at that point.  Hopefully this helps a little, but I am afraid I cannot really offer you any good advice on how to go about trying to fix things here given my lack of development skills.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.