Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Default Straight Table with Add Dimensions feature

Hi,

I need to show some default fields in a straight table, & then the feature of adding fields in that table. Is it possible, if it is then can you help me. I used the similar logic implemented in "What's New in QlikView 11" example document.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tagged all the fields & created a button to call a bookmark "select the default values" & now it's working fine. Thanks frnd 4 help.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Look at the expressions in the Enable Conditional text boxes for the dimensions in the table.

For example =SubStringCount(Concat(_dimension, '|'), 'Region')

What happens is that there's a table with the dimension fields you can select in. The concat function creates a string that contains all the selected fields. Substringcount then checks if 'Region' is in that string. If it is then the complete expression returns 1 (=True, so show), otherwise 0 (=False, so hide). Does that help?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I used this expression for some of the fields in a straight table which are to be appeared in "Additional Fields" List Box & rest which should appear by default, for that I checked on "Always" appear option.

Also, I put the expression on straight table Properties --> general tab

Conditional ---> "=GetSelectedCount(_Dimension) >:0"

but it doesn't help.

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tagged all the fields & created a button to call a bookmark "select the default values" & now it's working fine. Thanks frnd 4 help.

Regards,