Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

gaurav2017
Contributor II

Default Straight Table with Add Dimensions feature

Hi,

I need to show some default fields in a straight table, & then the feature of adding fields in that table. Is it possible, if it is then can you help me. I used the similar logic implemented in "What's New in QlikView 11" example document.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gaurav2017
Contributor II

Re: Default Straight Table with Add Dimensions feature

I tagged all the fields & created a button to call a bookmark "select the default values" & now it's working fine. Thanks frnd 4 help.

Regards,

3 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Look at the expressions in the Enable Conditional text boxes for the dimensions in the table.

For example =SubStringCount(Concat(_dimension, '|'), 'Region')

What happens is that there's a table with the dimension fields you can select in. The concat function creates a string that contains all the selected fields. Substringcount then checks if 'Region' is in that string. If it is then the complete expression returns 1 (=True, so show), otherwise 0 (=False, so hide). Does that help?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gaurav2017
Contributor II

I used this expression for some of the fields in a straight table which are to be appeared in "Additional Fields" List Box & rest which should appear by default, for that I checked on "Always" appear option.

Also, I put the expression on straight table Properties --> general tab

Conditional ---> "=GetSelectedCount(_Dimension) >:0"

but it doesn't help.

gaurav2017
Contributor II

I tagged all the fields & created a button to call a bookmark "select the default values" & now it's working fine. Thanks frnd 4 help.

Regards,

Community Browser