Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Default chart selection

Hello

I am using straight table with list of columns and having 2 buttons one is button 1 other one is button 2, having date range selection like date from :......  and date to:

I put a condition as:After selecting the data range only I will get my straight table data so I got that which is same table when I click on button 1.  If I want to see button 2 straight table which is sensitive data I must and should click on button 2 then only the table will appear .That works good to me. But, my problem is once I click on button 2 - table related to this button which is sensitive data is displaying even I clear the date range selections. 

So, I want like- the button 2 - straight table should not display once I change the date range it should display by default only button 1- straight table information. I should get button 2 - sensitive information straight table only when I click on button 2. Please help me asap. If I am nit clear please let me know. Thanks!!

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I can offer is the following Design Blog post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Enhancing-the-User-Experience-Using-Conditional-Expre...

The only way to do it automatically is to have the button setting things such that you could have the dates also reset things, but I think the design blog idea is much simpler and should be logical to the users as well.  There should be a means to do it via expression in Conditional Show, but it has to be a variable of some sort in that case that your button changes and your clearing of the dates triggers back to the alternate value to hide things....

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.