Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riyazasma1009
Creator
Creator

Default number of rows displayed in straight/pivot table

Hi All,

Can someone please let me know the number of rows that are by default displayed in straight/pivot table.

Thanks,

Asma

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

there is no default number of rows, the chart will contain all rows returned by your expression if any

and the number of rows and columns that are displayed are only dependent on the height and width of the chart respectively, and that is for you to scale

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
riyazasma1009
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for your reply!

I have a table with 109288 records and 89 columns. If I create a table box and add all the columns, the chart is getting displayed properly, whereas if the same thing is added into a straight table, it gives"Out of Object Memory" error on QV Desktop itself.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Well it just ran out of RAM, try rebooting your PC to free up some space

A table box is only a collection of listboxes and The straight table will best represent your data table

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
marcus_sommer

Your object hit the inbuilt RAM limitations for objects. AFAIK there is no practically way to bypass it (in earlier releases there was an option to customize it). This meant you need to reduce your table in regard to the available rows, columns and/or the content (for example replacing descriptive fields with their numerical ID's) - maybe just splitting it into several tables.

Beside them such big tables makes not much sense for an user within the gui - therefore I assume the purpose of it is to export the data. Maybe this could be replaced with a store-statement within the script.

- Marcus

florentina_doga
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

use in expression

RowNo()

Kushal_Chawda

How you are creating straight table? make sure you are using proper aggregation functions in expression of straight table. May be your expressions are complicated so try to optimize the expressions

PrashantSangle

Can you provide some more details.

Like are using any expression while creating straight table / pivot table.

Also make some selection like month , year or city and then create chart. So that It will allocate only required memory.

If you are just adding field like table box then it will not make any issue.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂