Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default selections behave differently between desktop client and browsers

Hi. I'm new to QV and this forum. I have an app set up so that the user's network ID and today's date (via two start date/end date calendar date range objects) are selected by default when a user opens the app and logs in through a browser. So, I have three OnOpen triggers set up in this order: (1) a Select in Field for the Network ID field, (2) a Set Variable for variable vStartDate that is set to =today(), and (3) a Set Variable for variable vEndDate that is also set to =today().

This seems to work fine in the desktop client and the browsers (Firefox and Chrome). When I open up the app in either the desktop client or a browser and log in, both the network ID and today's date show up as selections in the Current Selections box that I've added.

I want to add the same behaviors as actions to a button. So, I've created a Clear All button. I've added the exact same three actions to the button. The only difference is that I added a fourth action before the three above, which is the Clear All action. When I then click the Clear All button in the desktop client, everything works as expected (all selections are cleared and Network ID and today's date are selected in the Current Selections box). But, in the browsers, only the Network ID is selected. I can't get today's date to also be selected in the browsers when clicking the Clear All button (even though it works in the desktop client). Can't figure out why. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenny

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In your description  actions 2 & 3, you say you are setting variables vStartDate and vEndDate, you say nothing about selecting a Date. In your last paragraph, you talk about "selecting today's date". Can you describe what action or trigger you are expecting to make the selection?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob, thanks for replying. I have two date range calendar objects (a START and END one). So, I've associated the vStartDate variable with one object, the vEndDate variable with the other object, set a MIN and MAX value...all of that is working fine. My end goal is just to have my CLEAR ALL button do the same thing that my OnOpen trigger is doing. Like I said, I have those 3 actions on the OnOpen trigger so that when someone opens my app, the CURRENT SELECTIONS box will look like:

Release Date   >=2015-06-08<=2015-06-08

Network ID       XYZ

For my CLEAR ALL button, my first action is a CLEAR ALL action, then I have the exact same 3 as the OnOpen triggers, and it works in the desktop app (I see the same two selections above when I click the button), but when I publish the QVW on QV Server (or even when I switch to WebView), I only see the "Network ID" line in the CURRENT SELECTIONS box. I can't get the current date to be selected after pushing CLEAR ALL button in Chrome, Firefox or WebView.