Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danialier
Creator III
Creator III

Define data points in a Scatter Chart

Hello,

I have a Scatter Chart with more than 100 data points. All of them with the "x" mark and with different colors.

Each data point is a product and these products are for the same or different companies. I mean I have 10 data points (so different produtcs) from the same company, then another 24 data points (so different products) from another company and so on...

Also all produtcs are for the same or different technologies. I mean I have 35 data points related to technology A, then another 41 data points related to technology B and so on...

What i want is to have the "x" mark for the technology A, the "o" mark for the technology B and so on... Moreover I want products from Comany Z to be colored in green, products from Company Y to be colored in purple and so on...

Do you know how I can do that ?

thanks,

dani

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

As for coloring, you can use a Background Color expression for the particular expression like:

=Color(FieldIndex('Company', Company))

If you use technology as an additional dimension, it should use different mark shapes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

As for coloring, you can use a Background Color expression for the particular expression like:

=Color(FieldIndex('Company', Company))

If you use technology as an additional dimension, it should use different mark shapes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The color coding is not a problem.  You can create a map "company to color" in the script, and use this color in the first expression "background color" attribute.

The shape of the data points - there is no way to control it.  Either all the same (x or + or o), or random.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, using technology as the second dimension will do

danialier
Creator III
Creator III
Author

excellent ! thanks ! Now it works.

However, the only point I'm missing is that when I have all technologies in the scatter chart, each product has a different mark based on the technology. That's ok. But when I select only one technology, the products behind this technology, instead of keeping the mark they got different marks.... (this just happens when I select one technology).

Do you know how I can make sure that the mark of the technology keeps the same even when I select one specific technology ?

Thanks!

dani