Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Development Scenario

Hi,

I have a scenario. In my application, I am using a complex if condition with multiple match and wildmatch clauses. I want to share this with end user/ another developer.

In Qliksense, Is there a way to simplify the usage? Maybe there is some other way to construct shared filters that are more drag and drop like? I thought of master items, will that work? Or if there is something better?

In QlikView, Is there a simple way to build reports off a meta-data model so we can abstract some of the complexity?

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Mater items in Qlik Sense can be shared within the same application, but not to other applications.

Similarly, in QlikView you could use the Governance Dashboard to see how an expression is built in one application, and copy and paste on the new one.

Shared files in QlikView store objects developed by users accessing via client (either Desktop or Ajax) meaning that the objects do not exist on the QVW file, but on a separate, .Shared file. Objects in a .Shared file cannot be moved to the QVW, although you might find some workarounds here in the Qlik Community and perhaps in Branch.

Also, QlikView allows you to create "intermediate" QVWs where you store all the logic, dimensions and expressions, and use this QVW as the source for the front-end file, where you can even further refine what you want to load. Search in help.qlik.com about binary load.