Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmainiero
Contributor II
Contributor II

Diagram changes from points to a line if there are more than 100 values.

punkte.png
linie.png

clipboard_image_1.png

I would like all the points without a scroll bar in a diagram, is that possible?
If the number exceeds 100 makes Qlikview Qlikview draws a line.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just circling back to note the issue has been fixed by R&D and will be included in an upcoming release.  There are no patch releases as yet, but if you need one, please submit a support case and reference defect QV-18849 and a patch request for the track you are on.  Please note, you will likely need to update to the most current SR in the track you are running, and currently the only tracks we would be able to request the patch upon would be 12.20 and later given support for 12.10 ended November 2019.  I believe the fix should be included in the upcoming April 2020 release.

Just a quick update for anyone that runs across this, the fix is planned to be implemented in the 12.40 SR4 release, but that is subject to change, best info I have at the moment.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

What if you create two identical measures in a combo chart one styled with dots one with line. Then use conditional show to decide which one to display. See attached qvw

clipboard_image_0.png

mmainiero
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,
My problem is that qlik independently decides that if there are more than 100 records, draw a line instead of displaying all the points.

I want to see all the dots without having to use a scrollbar.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Markus, I believe I found the setting for the dots to line:

MaxLineSymbols

The default value is in fact 100, so I think if you increase that it should get that part of things as you want them.  The interesting thing is the setting in the chart properties does not seem to write to that setting, not sure if that is because it is a different setting or if there may be a bug, so we will have to try to change things in the Settings.ini file instead.

Your Desktop Settings.ini is located in C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Add MaxLineSymbols=Your desired number within the [Settings 7] tag area and restart the client and test to see if the dots now stay to the number you wish...  Shout back once you can do things and let us know if that gets you that far.  I am not sure if there are any potential gotchas with changing this or not, I suspect the default value is to try to be sure the dots are always visible etc.  Hopefully this gets us part of the way there.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
mmainiero
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

this is a nice solution, but leads me to an othe question. The right side of the diagram has narrower distances than the left part. See screenshots.

Regards,

Markus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Markus, very interesting, and off top of my head, I have no idea what is going on there, any chance you have a sample app you can attach, so I can have a direct look at things on my side?  If need be, you could private message me on this one with the app too if you want, and I can have a look and see if I can figure something out.  

Regards,
Brett

mmainiero
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

I have reduced and changed the data of the app, but you can see what happens. I have Set the MaxLineSymbols=5000. I need all these data points also in the temporal course - also I must be able to recognize which one is first and wich one second.

Thank you.

Markus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Markus, oddly enough, it does that with the conversion to line as well, as I forgot I needed to make the change you did to the Settings.ini, but I noticed while I was looking at things that the dates got closer together the farther to the right I scrolled, so that seems to be some other setting I will have to try to track down.  

So, you also still want to get rid of the horizontal scrolling as well?  That is going to be a lot of data points crammed into the view, not sure that is going to work without imposing a limit on the number to display.  Let me see what I can find in the meantime here and change my other setting to match yours.

Regards,
Brett

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Markus, ok, I think I found the issue with the spacing, it is in the setting of the Number of Items:

Number of Items Setting.png

What we figured out is if you lower that number, that will 'fix' the spacing, so this seems to be a potential defect you have found, but I checked an old case of yours, it showed you were still on 11.20 track, is that still the case?  I was able to replicate in 12.40 SR1, but I wanted to see if you could possibly go ahead and submit a support case on this one?  If you can send me the case number after you get it created, I can be sure to go add my comments to things and explain what I did etc. to be sure we are not asking you to reinvent the wheel again as we say! 🙂  The problem is, I am not sure what the engineers are going to say about us increasing the other setting, that may be a problem too! 🙂  Shout back when you can.

Regards,
Brett

mmainiero
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Brett, I´m on 12.10 SR6 - not the newest one. I have found out that with continuous diagram the spacing problem does not occur. However, this does not help, since I need the order of the data points.

In fact, if possible I would like to avoid horizontal scrolling, if necessary I would only display about 1000 data points.