Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference between the straight table and pitvot table!

Hi All,

May i know the difference between the straight table and the pivot table.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The main difference is sub total & grand total is possible in pivot table and no sub total in straight table.

-Raghu

Not applicable
Author

Hope this helps,

straight table pivot table

1) No groupings in straight table grouping is possible

2) grand total, no sub total sub total & grand total is possible

3) Hiding is possible in straight table (Dimension) Hiding is not possible in pivot table

4) Interactive sorting is possible Interactive sorting is not possible

-Raghu.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your response! May I know what do you mean by groupings here? Could please explain more...

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

We can drag drop the dimension and make its values appear as columns in pivot table which is not possible in Straight table.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Erika! But this point was already mentioned above. May I know what exactly meant my groupings mentioned by raghu?

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@At titude:

Please ask the manual or the help system - it has lots of answers for you and your questions. Also, it would help, if you were trying to learn some basics of Aggregation, Grouping and Pivot-Tables. This is very basic knowledge which isn't Qlikview-specific and everything relevant for Qlikview has been written before by Rhagu and Erika.

BTW - stop apologizing for your questions - I know you will 😉

Regards,

Edgar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for responding back to my post though it has not answered my question.

Regards,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

I believe he means Expanding and Collapsing of Dimensions is possible in Pivot table .Which is not possible in Straight table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erika,

Thanks for your reply. I also thought of samething but just wanted to justify my understanding.

Thanks,

Attitude