cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differences between Personal Edition, Developer and Designer

Hi,

I have used Qlickview Personal Edition and I would like to know the differences between Personal Edition and:

- Qlickview Developer

- Qlickview Designer

- Qlicksense

Whar about licenses?, I would like to have an aprox anwnual prices and the types of licensing

Another question, is it possible to connect Qlickview to:

- HBASE

- MongoDB

- Cassandra

Do you need an special license?

Thanks

5 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi, It is Qlikview, not the Qlickview.

Check these links.

Personal Edition Vs Licensed Version

Re: Qlik Sense vs Qlik View

Not applicable
Author

- Qlickview Developer--> This is nothing but Qlikview Desktop which Developers use to develop scripts for generating QVDs and QVWs and also design dashboard

- Qlickview Designer--> This is nothing but Qlikview Desktop which Developers use to design dashboards (Sheet, Document, and properties related to it). Once you Publish the Qvw to Qlikview Server (Access Point) then end user can also design the dashboard based on permission granted.

- Qlikview vs Qlicksense

• QlikView is a tool for situations where you want prepared business applications, i.e. applications created by developers who put a lot of thought into the data model, the layout, the charts and the formulae; and deliver the applications to end-users who consume the applications. We call this Guided Analytics. The end-user has total freedom to explore data, select, drill down and navigate in the information, and can this way discover both questions and answers in the data. The end-user is however limited when it comes to creating new visualizations. This type of situation will without doubt be common for many, many years to come.
  • Qlik Sense is a tool for situations where you don’t want to pre-can so much. Instead you want the user to have the freedom to create a layout of his own and in it, new visualizations; charts that the developer couldn’t imagine that the user wants to see. You want Self-service data discovery, which means a much more active, modern, engaged user. In addition, Qlik Sense is much easier to use when you have a touch screen, and is adaptive to different screen sizes and form factors. On the whole, Qlik Sense is a much more modern tool.

Personal Edition: You can't open documents (qvw) developed by others. Only you can open which is developed by your own edition installed.

On personal If you apply License, It will change to Licensed version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shivendo,

Thanks for your help

Is there nay free version for Qliksense, similar to Qlikview Personal Edition?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The QlikSense Desktop is free.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Use this link to register and download Qliksense desktop.

qlik.com/us/explore/products/sense/desktop

Regards,

Jagan.