Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Different data to be converted

Pretty new to Qlikview.

I have a column that I am displaying by loading an dynamic Excel file.

The second colum has multiple data as percentages, decimal, integer etc.

Is there a way of changing the data that has been imported to percentage, data imported to decimal, data imported to integer or rather something that recognises that these numbers that are specified percentages, decimals or integers in excel, to display them that way in Qlikview.

Eg.

0.2 should be displayed as 20%

0.5 should be displayed as 0.5 (decimal)

0.9 should be displayed as 90%

1   should be an integer

3  should be an integer

5  should be an integer

The above comes from an excel table as 20%, 90% 0.5 but should appear as such in Qlikview but aint.

Any help, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview loads data, not formatting. It will use the first record to make an educated guess as to what kind of data the field contains. That guess is applied to the rest of the records. If you want Qlikview to get the formatting right for each individual record you will have to Include a column in the excel sheet that indicates what format the number field of that record should get.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the num function to format numbers. See attached qvw.

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Gysbert, by what if the data being loaded in is dynamic.

I cannot explicilty format the numbers if I cannot see what is being loaded. I wouldnt see the Excel sheet in the first place.

In other words, a dynamic excel sheet is loaded and only when Qlikview loads this data, should I see that the numbers should appear as %, int or decimal even though I know there will be %, int and decimals in the excel sheet row

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview loads data, not formatting. It will use the first record to make an educated guess as to what kind of data the field contains. That guess is applied to the rest of the records. If you want Qlikview to get the formatting right for each individual record you will have to Include a column in the excel sheet that indicates what format the number field of that record should get.