Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Different format date

Hi expert, i have a situation:

I have a month year column and two tables that are relation by this field

between this two table the values are the same , but do not match

i attached an image explain, i believe that is the format but is the totaly the same

attached the qvw and the qvd for example, thank you a lot

Fernando K.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The screenshot that, in one table, you're storing a number (dates are numbers), and applying the month-year format. These are the values that are right-aligned. When you're seeing items that are left-aligned, QlikView isn't recognizing them as the same thing. It's seeing a string, which doesn't matching the date from the other table.

I can't open the QVW in personal edition to give you exact steps, but if you synch both tables so that the key column is either a string in both or a valid date in both, you should get the matching that you're looking for.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The screenshot that, in one table, you're storing a number (dates are numbers), and applying the month-year format. These are the values that are right-aligned. When you're seeing items that are left-aligned, QlikView isn't recognizing them as the same thing. It's seeing a string, which doesn't matching the date from the other table.

I can't open the QVW in personal edition to give you exact steps, but if you synch both tables so that the key column is either a string in both or a valid date in both, you should get the matching that you're looking for.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should force a date format, like this:

makedate(subfield(%MesAno,'-',2),subfield(%MesAno,'-',1),'01') as %MesAno

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I would say you problem comes from the below line

SuperficieTotal+if (isnull (peek ('Acumulada')),0,peek ('Acumulada')) as Acumulada

As it look like you are taking a date and adding a value, give you the strange number format after a number of if and peeks. what are you trying to do here? Add days?

Mark