cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension limits can't show others values

Hi all,

I have two straight tables, each of them have one dimension "Customer Name". I applied the "Dimension Limits" property setting up to show the customers that have sales "Greater Than or Equal To 30000 Exact Amount". I've activated the "Show Others" option too.

The data shows right but when I select "Others" I can't see the customers that are in this group, only appears one row with "Others" and no customer on the chart. That happen because this customers don't have sales equals or greater than the amount.

The point is, there are any way to show the customers that belong to "Others" group?

Note: I know that if I change the definition of the limit dimension to "Show only (largest, first or smallest)" works but I can't do it because it's a customer request.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure if the attached gets you closer.  I changed dimension limit on left chart to 6, so top 5 will show, then the others bucket.  Then, the chart on the right has an expression to toggle the dimension limit, and the chart title displays differently based on what is chosen on the left chart.

Using expressions and variables to tweak the display within dimension limits can be pretty useful.  It  gets a little tricky to get them setup just right, so play around with it and see if it might work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to show the customers that do not meet the criterium "Greater Than or Equal To 30000 Exact Amount" then you should reverse the criterium to "Less Than 30000 Exact Amount"

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your answer!

Maybe I'm not explain right my point. I need to show the customers belong to "Others" when the user select Others in the chart.

If you do this with a chart with limit dimension "First 10" when you select "Others" in the chart the values change and shows the customers that belong to this group automatically.

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

Check out the attached.  It shows setup of variable that user inputs to display top X cusomers.  Then, if you qlik on Others, it will show the same top X of that category.  you can play around to get it to your liking perhaps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer Joseph.

That's very usefull but is not an option to me.

I need to show the customers with sales amount greater than 30000 and the agrupation of the customers that do not meet this requirement with the label "Others" (like in your example). I got it and works fine.

The problem comes here. When the customer click on "Others", the chart would have to show the agrupation of the customers that belong to this group but it doesn't work because there's no customer in that group that have a sales amount equal to or greater than 30000.

I attach a file that show my problem.

In the document we have two straight tables with limit dimensions.

On the left side the chart shows TOP 5 customers. On the right side the chart shows the customers that have sales greater than or equal to 30000.

If you click/select "Others" in the left chart, automatically shows the other 4 customers that do not meet the requirement. But if you do this with the right chart doesn't work because the customers belonging to this group have sales under 30000.

I need to show the customers that have sales under 30000 when the user click/select "Others" but using the dimension limit "Greater than or Equal to".

Thanks!

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure if the attached gets you closer.  I changed dimension limit on left chart to 6, so top 5 will show, then the others bucket.  Then, the chart on the right has an expression to toggle the dimension limit, and the chart title displays differently based on what is chosen on the left chart.

Using expressions and variables to tweak the display within dimension limits can be pretty useful.  It  gets a little tricky to get them setup just right, so play around with it and see if it might work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Joseph!

That's it! Thank you!

Meantime I was trying and I found a similiar solution to you but I think that isn't than "clean" as your option.

If you want to check it out I attached your file modified with my walk-arround under your correct chart.

Thank's a lot!

Bubskim
Contributor II
Contributor II

I see that qv you attached.

How did you get the limit to 3,000?

I need to do this for others in a larger limit than 3,000 but how did you find the limit?

As  you can see I have three charts with other and each one would need its own limit and if statement. I am not basing this on sum of sales rather the frequency of emails from distribution lists, sent by, and subject. 

eri
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,
I am facing a similar issue. I want my table to show the name of the other values rather than just mentioning them as "Others" after I set the limitation to Fixed Number->Top 10 in my dimension.
Can you please tell me what I can do here?

I want to know the label expression to be used in order to show my Dimension name which is Scrap code.