cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Discovery - populate data from database

I am trying the following query.

I want to load all distinct CustomerID in list box and based on the selection of CustomerID in list box want to populate Table Box with OrderID, OrderDate from database.

Please note I have billions of records in my table.

DIRECT QUERY

DIMENSION CustomerID

DETAIL

OrderID,OrderDate FROM Orders;

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may not understanding the power of qlik. Le me explain in little easy way. Here, Qlik is auto associative and it can removes the Unique values(like DISTINCT). And that, You don't require to use DISTINCT keyword over script. Can you take CustomerID as in Listbox and then show us the image of the values where you get it repeated names.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Even with normal query,the Listbox is populated with Unique values.

My requirement is that that when user clicks the CustomerID in ListBox the tablebox should be populated based on selected CustomerId.

Since I have billons of records in table, it cannot be populated in memory. Hence, I am trying DIRECT QUERY.

Is it possible?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Amar P wrote:

My requirement is that that when user clicks the CustomerID in ListBox the tablebox should be populated based on selected CustomerId.

For this, We have option called Excluded from Properties of object in general tab

OR

You can use Expression like Aggr(CustomerId, CustomerId) // Here, This expression returns only selection values

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

The table contains billions of records hence it is not possible to load data in memory( in table box) to display.

I am trying to use DIRECT QUERY for this, so that I can pass the selected CustomerID (may be from Listbox or I can create textbox and button) to database.

You have given the option called Excluded from Properties of object in general tab. Do you have any sample link/code for this.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Amar P wrote:

The table contains billions of records hence it is not possible to load data in memory( in table box) to display.

Here, Answer is Qlikview has Associative search Engine. You don't require and need any script if Data model is correct and that we need to arrange in Script level to get perfect Data Model, I can say

I am trying to use DIRECT QUERY for this, so that I can pass the selected CustomerID (may be from Listbox or I can create textbox and button) to database.

Yes, In fact I don't think so whether we require Direct Discovery for this case, Then your wish to use. And Myself i used direct discovery to fetch the images from DB. So then, It reduce the time to reload due to my images are in GB's

You have given the option called Excluded from Properties of object in general tab. Do you have any sample link/code for this.

I am thinking here is if we have associative data to next list box then we need to exclude which is non associate with selection data (I am assuming). For that, we have to go Properties-General-There we will get Exclude option or we can use Expression for that box like my earlier post Aggr(CustomerId, CustomerId)

Hope this helps