cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Graph if Spike is noticed

Hi,

I have built a bar graph which gives me the Usage per country per month.

Most of the times, the usage is average for each month, but if for some reason there is a spike in usage for a country for a particular month compared to other months, only then the graph should display those countries. How can i achieve this?

Ex:

In the below graph that i have, data is displayed for last 4 months and the values are average for one country. As its average usage for all the months, this country should not be displayed.

Pic1.PNG

But for another country, there was a major spike in one month, so this should be displayed in the Bar.

Capture1.PNG

How can i achieve this?

I am looking only for those countries which have sudden peaks in usage compared to previous months. Something like if the usage is greater than 30% of the average for a particular month, only then display the graph.

Thanks

Taher

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try Below,

=if(avg({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} Usage) >avg({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Usage),avg(Usage))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be try this?

If(Sum(usage)>(Sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} usage) * 0.3), Sum(usage))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

I copied the below under expressions in the graph, but didn't notice any difference:

If(Sum(RES_AMOUNT)/1000000>(Sum({<MONTH_YEAR={$(=Max(MONTH_YEAR))}>} RES_AMOUNT/1000000) * 0.3), Sum(RES_AMOUNT)/1000000)

I am suspecting the 'MONTH_YEAR' which holds values as:

APR-2018

MAY-2018

is not working. Any idea what could be wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aruna

Hi Anil,

I copied the below under expressions in the graph, but didn't notice any difference:

=if(avg({<MONTH_YEAR={$(=Max(MONTH_YEAR))}>} RES_AMOUNT/1000000) >avg({<MONTH_YEAR={$(=Max(MONTH_YEAR)-1)}>} RES_AMOUNT/1000000),avg(RES_AMOUNT/1000000))

I am suspecting the 'MONTH_YEAR' which holds values as:

APR-2018

MAY-2018

is not working. Any idea what could be wrong?