Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victor5995
Contributor III
Contributor III

Display Value Entered in Searchable box in Straight table

Hi Folks,

I have straight table with 1 dimension and 1 expression. I want to filter the table based on expression so I enable searchable option for expression so I can enter the value from magnifying glass.

Now I want to display the value that I enter in that searchable box of straight table expression so I do not have to remember that which value I entered.

An help really Appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

8 Replies
kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Victor,

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but if you want to enter a value on a straight table, inputfield may be of help (check the QlikView help menu).

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Victor,

Not sure if this you can do within Straight table , but for sure you can create list box in such case.

See below:

Re: how to show a staright table expression in a list box

Thanks,

AS

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you want to search filter values based on a expression ... you can use list box and select expression write expression .

Now you can make selection on this list box to filter the table.

If you dont want to apply this selection on other charts you can use alternate state.

Thanks

BKC

victor5995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ian,

I am calculating Variance on front end so I can not use Input field and I tried to calculate on back end but its not working for me.So i created straight table in which for expression I put searchable option so I can enter value or range for that expression and all the objects filter according to that,

It is working fine as required but now only I want is the value or range I enter in that searchable I want to display that entered value.

Any Idea if its possible.

victor5995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Amit and Balkumar,

Thanks for your suggestions but I have to use the straight table as I am using calculated dimension which I calculated on back end and based on that dimension only I have to calculate expression to get the required results.

As I mentioned earlier It is working fine as required but now only I want is the value or range I enter in that searchable magnifying box of expression, I want to display that entered value.

I hope the requirement is clear if it is not please let me know.

victor5995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any Help or thoughts really Appreciated!!!!!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is an unfortunate limitation of searchable expressions. The search results in selections being made in Dimension fields, and those Dimension selections are what shows up in current selections. I never use Searchable because this limitation seems to confuse people.

-Rob

victor5995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rob,

looking to your answer it looks like there is no work around for this issue.

Thanks