Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xarapre7
Creator II
Creator II

Display a string of 100

Hi Experts!

I have a field with values starting with an underscore(_) and would like to get rid of those and used the below script.    =if(left(Location,1)='_',right(Location,len(Location)-1))  

It takes out the underscore in most of the values but when it comes to _100, it's giving a result of 1E2.

What is the correct code to display this value a string of 100? Other values  have long string.

_100

_IT DEPARTMENT

_SOUTH WING

Hoping for your help with this.

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you share input values and output result you want to see?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try

am not sure your req

purgechar(Field,'_') as newLocation

Prashant_N
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Preciosa,

As Chanty repiled just add Text(Purgechar(Field,'_'))  as newLocation for converting Num to String

Hope it works.

Regards,

Prashant Naik

marcus_sommer

1E2 = 100 - it's just another type of writing numbers. Try to change your expressions into:

if(left(Location,1) = '_', alt(num(mid(Location, 2)), mid(Location, 2)), Location) as LocationNew

If the underscore could only occure on the first position you could try it with the suggestion from sureshqv respectively replacing with it the mid-part in my suggestion.

- Marcus

xarapre7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Prashant!

This worked.  Thank you very  much for your help!

xarapre7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Marcus!

I tried this and it worked!