Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display expression values inside a bar in bar chart

Hi All,

Doubt 1 : I want to display the values of the expression inside a bar in bar chart. I tried options like Test in Chart, values on data points .

Attached is the qvw file. Also I am giving a link (desired output format) : http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=1sJvxRHX3JR1RM:&imgrefu...

Doubt 2: Also, I want to know how to get the axes shown on the qlikview chart. I select show grid but that only shows grids inside the chart not the x axis and y axis. Is there an option to get the axes.

Doubt 3 : Is there a way to append a symbol to the text shown on X axis or Y axis???

16 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Check the attached file.

I didn't understand the third question.. Can u explain in brief..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil,

Thanks for that. But as I said, I am using a free personal edition, I cannot view that .

anyway , I got to show the expression value inside the bar but i need a way to format it, because the value is too big for the bar and the text prints outside the bar .

Mayil, if you can send the screen shots it will be of great help.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

3rd question :

On the Y axis, I can see only values which are populated by qlikview. I want to append a letter to it.

Say, if it is 100 , I want to append the symbol of currency we are using .so that will be 'X100' (say X is the currency )

MayilVahanan

Hi,

In Properties -Axes->set  Width for Expression Axis and dimension Axis..Want to change color means use Axis color

For grid-> tick Show gird in axes page..Grid Style select acording your requirement , for color choose in Grid color.

In Presentation tab -> tick Plot value inside Segment, for vertical tick vertical in same tab..before that, tick Values on Data Point in Expression tab..

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil,

It helped but as I said I got to display the values inside the bar, but I want to format it and also the expression values are too big for the bar(vertical or horizontal). Is there a way to format the expression value before displaying??

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Can you post a example or sample screen shot for your requirement..Its help to solve it..

Not applicable
Author

Hi mayil,

Please find the attached for screenshot.

As you can see, I have goit the expression value to display inside the bar, but the value is too big for it to fit in the bar.

So, I wnat to format the value before displaying.

did that help?

Please let me know if you need any other info

Not applicable
Author

Mayil,
As you can even the values shown on Y axis are big, is there a way to format that(like dividing it by 10^6) and putting millions against it?

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try this,

Use Properties -> Number ->Million Symbol like this ->(M)

It will reduce the value in Y axis..

And you can't reduce the getting result. If you reduce means, the answer vary..So you can use change the width of the chart..Still the value display in bar..

Hope it helps