Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

Display one field's content based on another field's content

Dear Qlikview Experts,

Is it possible for the user to display one field's content if another field contains a specific text of string? For example in this case, I would like to create a List Box to display 'BCNo' Field if 'OM' Field contains "O". (Any other suggestions for better display of data will be taken into consideration as well)

Capture.PNG

I had attach the picture for your reference. Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

QianNing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I have created Straight Table

Dimension is MachineNo

Expression is 1

For Dimension I've applied BG color and Text color as

BG Color =If(Result='Failed', Red())

and

Text Color =If(Result='Failed', White())

Pre Requisites

1) Remove the Caption

2) Under Presentation - I did Hide Column for expression

3) Under Style - Cell Border Transparency should be 100%

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not really, What you are talking about. Perhaps this?

If(Match(OM, 'O'), BCNo)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

if it is just "O" you can go with anil suggestion and if u want any word which contain "O" ,then the corresponding value should be included you should use

If(WildMatch(OM, '*O*'), BCNo)

Learning never stops.
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Anil,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was wondering is it possible for us to achieve the similar outcome like the format in the picture below? Which means after user have made the selection and filter the data, it was able to highlight the 'BCNo' field content if 'OM' field contains 'O'.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

QianNing

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Possible, have a look

Change selection color

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Anil,

Sorry for misleading you. I think I didn't explain my requirement properly. I had created a sample of QVW for your reference. Your solution is able to fulfill half of my goal. However, when user makes a selection (For example when choose a specific date), the list box didn't highlight the data and show the corresponding content.

In this case, if user select on 23/12/17, I want the list box to highlight Machine206 as this is the only machine that has failed in result.

I had attached the QVW below, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(If there are any alternative ways to show/Highlight the MachineNo when detected a 'failed' in the result after user made the selection in date field, please advice me as well)

Best Regards

QianNing

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Pradosh,

Sorry for misleading you. I think I didn't explain my requirement properly. I had created a sample of QVW for your reference. Your solution is able to fulfill half of my goal. However, when user makes a selection (For example when choose a specific date), the list box didn't highlight the data and show the corresponding content.

In this case, if user select on 23/12/17, I want the list box to highlight Machine206 as this is the only machine that has failed in result.

I had attached the QVW below, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(If there are any alternative ways to show/Highlight the MachineNo when detected a 'failed' in the result after user made the selection in date field, please advice me as well)

Best Regards

QianNing

Anil_Babu_Samineni

PFA

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Nice workaround Anil..

Learning never stops.
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Anil,

As I was using Qlikview Personal Edition, so I was unable to open your Qlikview File. Are you able to guide me on what you did in the Qlikview File? (Perhaps a screen shot or some steps procedure?) Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards

QianNing