Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying Column Names as Text Instead of Numbers

So there could be an easy way to do this, I assumed the text() function could handle it, but when I looked it up on help, it said that the result would come out as " - ".

Anyway, I have a table with 10 rows and say 50 columns. I'm trying to group the columns in 4 categories by size and graph those 4 categories. For example, Each column is a year and I would like to group years <10, 11-15, 16-24, and 24+. Then graph the resulting 4 categories as a stacked bar graph for each row (which also happen to be years).

Here is a picture of my data and dimension formula ungrouped:

error loading image

I'm using the left() function because the maturityDt field is in yyyymmdd format. So as you can see I'd like to group these years in four categories; since it will make it look cleaner than having about 50 years. Here is a screen shot of what I have grouped:

error loading image

So as you can see, the 1 column is anything that's 25 years + and the 0 column is everything else. I will probably do an imbedded if() statement that will take care of the 0 column but as far as the 1 column: I would like to know how to display that 1 as text and says ">25 Years" instead of 1, thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Does a if((left(maturityDt,4)-Year)>=25,'>25 Years',0) work?

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Does a if((left(maturityDt,4)-Year)>=25,'>25 Years',0) work?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I actually tried using " instead of ' which was my mistake, thanks. Simple fix.

Not applicable
Author

Another question I had was what is the equivalent of the if(and()) statement in QV script? I want to condition a field to be between 16-24 years...

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The and() would be

if((left(maturityDt,4)-Year)<25 and (left(maturityDt,4)-Year)>=16 ,'>=16<25 Years',0)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl